- Megan Courtney is a force to be reckoned with - After carving up the Stanford defense for a match-high 23 Kills, Megan Courtney backed up her performance leading her team in points with 14.5 points; highlighted by a thunderous backrow attack that completely blew up BYU's Alohi Robins-Hardy. Courtney's tournament performance earned her the Most Outstanding Player award for the National Championship Tournament.
- Serving and passing is still more important than attacking - Penn State served BYU extremely tough which definitely contributed to their downfall. Likewise, BYU served Texas tough and all know what happened there.
- BYU vs Texas looked more like a men's match than a women's match - Khat Bell's kill in the beginning of the first set caused a dual purpose media time-out to repair the 10'x10' patch of sport court tiles that she obliterated and to resuscitate BYU's Libero after fainting. This match was definitely one of the most exciting matches of entire season. The arena was electric. Every point was more powerful than the next and never have I seen a group of volleyball fans get so riled up as they have during that match.
- The US National Team is in a good place - With all the star power exhibited during the final four they will either make the team stronger by joining the team or push our current stars to new heights.
- Penn State is still Penn State - No matter what they do during the regular season, this team is so prepared for the tournament, you'd might as well disregard whatever seed they are given and recognize them as being the favorite to win year after year.
We can't wait to see everything that next year has in store for us. Congrats again to BYU's historic appearance and to Penn State's amazing championship run! SEE YOU IN NEBRASKA!